» Email Append
Your alumni relationships are your most important assets. More and more Universities are finding that there is a wealth of untapped potential in their constituent databases. We match your alumni names and postal addresses to our database and append your alumi's emails to your file. Email append has quickly become one of the most sought-after fundraising services. Through email append, you can append new or replace outdated emails to your postal files and tap into those existing relationships.
The Email Append Process
1. Upload your constituent database to our secure FTP site.
2. We match your file against AlumTouch's 125 million opt-in consumer database, matching an average 15%-30%.
3. AlumTouch then sends a welcome email to your contacts, explaining that you wish to communicate with them via email, offering the constituent the opportunity to opt-out.
4. AlumTouch delivers back your constituent database with approved, deliverable addresses.
AlumTouch only bills you for the deliverable email addresses returned with your donor file.
Here are email append examples that we have sent:
» Email Change of Address (ECOA)
For Universities that email communications to their existing alumni, their greatest asset is their email alumni database. As alumni change their email address, you lose the ability to effectively communicate with them.
AlumTouch ECOA allows you to update your undeliverable (invalid) email addresses with fresh new deliverable email addresses.
The ECOA Process
- All that is required for ECOA processing is a "bounce file"—the file containing your undeliverable email addresses.
- During the ECOA process, we replace the outdated email address in your file with an updated email address from the CityTwist Consumer Email Database.
- As part of the process, we send a "Welcome Back" email to your constituents on your behalf, re-introducing your school and providing your customers an initial opportunity to decline future communication.
- You are only charged for the updated records that we provide.
» National Change of Address (NCOA)
The NCOALink® Product is a database owned and updated by the United States Postal Service®, containing approximately 160 Million permanent change-of-address (COA) records filed with the USPS® over the last 48 months. Prior to mailing, Universities can have their lists processed against the USPS NCOALink Database to identify individuals, families, and businesses that have moved and completed the USPS COA Form.
NCOALink users will save money on postage, printing and list costs by only mailing clients and prospects that have a valid USPS deliverable address.
Your NCOALink output will allow you to intelligently decide whether to mail to an alumni or prospect.
This intelligence can save mailers up to 15% or more on the cost of their mailings plus help increase response rates.
1. You identify and eliminate bad addresses or names before you mail.
2. The NCOALink service helps you maintain alumni relationships when they move.